Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Scholarship Announcement - The University of Phoenix
I have wonderful news! As the New Jersey State Teacher of the Year, I am able to give a deserving student a full, four-year scholarship to the The University of Phoenix. The University of Phoenix (http://www.phoenix.edu/about_us/about_university_of_phoenix.html) has both an in-person and online format and a great diversity of programs.
To apply for this scholarship, the candidate must live in New Jersey and must respond to the following prompts, postmarked by March 10th:
1. Introduce yourself briefly.
2. What do you value most in life?
3. Why do you think this opportunity is important for you?
4. Tell us about your academic life - Where do you excel? What's your overall GPA?
5. Do you think that you are mature enough to handle college?
6. Please include the following words in your essay at the end, "If I receive this scholarship, I will attend the University of Phoenix because this gives me an opportunity that I would not have had without this award."
The combined reflection should be no more than two typed pages, double spaced, Times Roman 12. Please include your name, contact information, a phone where you can be reached and your current high school. Send completed application to:
New Jersey Teacher of the Year
County Office of Education, Third Floor
Dr. Graham's Office, County Superintendent
One Bergen County Plaza,
3rd Floor, Room 350. Hackensack, NJ 07601