Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Such nice greetings from last year's State Teachers!

     It's so cool that today I must have received six letters from last year's "class" of Teachers of the States. They really brought this whole thing into perspective and got all of us so excited about the upcoming opportunities. In just a couple of weeks, I'll be off to Dallas, Texas where I will meet the teachers of every state in our country.

     Just to be able to meet teachers who represent such a wide spectrum of teaching and learning from so many different places is amazing. I will have the chance to hear about the unique learning and challenges in each teacher's home state. The former State Teachers of the Year sounded so positive and excited about their experiences throughout the last year. They said that they went to the White house, met our president and the first lady, went to a party at the Biden's house and much much more. Who would have ever believed that I could have such a cool experience?

     I'm trying to figure out how to work this blog better by adding images and videos and podcasts to it. I've been watching tutorials, but I plan on tapping into the talents and abilities of these educators to help improve my skills in this area so that I can bring you a more multimedia blog experience. I would also like to know how many people are on the blog, because many have told me that they are not followers, but that they do tune in. I just wish I knew how to know that.

     I hope you are all well. I want this blog to be a portal for New Jersey readers to what is happening in other states and in our own Garden State. As I live it, I'll share it. This way, when I share it with you, I'll live it more intensely and you can give me more feedback and thoughts.

      Bye for now...

No comments: